We meet every night at 8pm GMT on Zoom and wile away the evenings playing songs for one another from songbooks put together by different groups. The main books used are from Ukulele Wednesdays and of course, my own ukulele song book available right here on this site.
Myself and my wife play host on Saturday nights but have found we're enjoying attending almost every night and playing along with people from all over the world. Here's how to get involved:
- Join the Self-Isolating Strummers / Pandemic Pluckers Facebook group
- Follow the instructions on their daily event
- You'll need to download an app called Zoom and set up a free account
- Download the songbook for that evening (mentioned in the event info)
- Log in
- Play along or lead songs until the night is over